If you’re in the market for a new learning software provider, a training tracking tool is a must. Since every company has different needs, we’ve created a list of the top 10 providers. This is a good way to compare and contrast what each of these companies has to offer against what your needs are.
We’ve broken these out into categories to more easily digest which of these training tracking tools is the best fit. So take a look at the key features, which companies are already using these platforms and what each system will cost you. By comparing and contrasting these components, you’ll find the right platform to take your learning program to the next level.
Continu is a training tracking tool that offers a versatile cloud-based interface. It is one of the only LMS companies offering a blended learning tool for both online and classroom training. Their platform is easy to use, doesn’t over complicate the implementation process, and keeps up with changing technology. Besides using Continu as an LMS, the platform is also a knowledge base or Intranet system which helps cut company costs and save time. Learning Tracks is how administrators create courses, facilitate onboarding flows, quizzes, and more. Continu is also an authoring tool which means companies can create training materials directly onto this platform without the aid of third parties.
- Intuitive easy-to-use interface
- Automated training delivers correct materials on time based on the needs of the individual user
- Track assigned and completed courses
- Tag content by national or international office locations
- Manager dashboards, detailed reporting/analytics to track learning and engagement
- Download, export and share reports
- Scalable platform
Slack, Okta, OneLogin, HRIS (Workday, Oracle and others), SCORM, YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, Google Analytics, Open API
Dollar Shave Club (Unilever), Eventbrite, Stuart Weitzman, Warner Music Group, GoPro, Lyft
Subscription-based. Request a demo for more information.
Blackboard Learn is another great option in terms of a learning management system. It’s fully scalable and a good option in terms of a training tracking tool. This learning management system features online learning, increases employee engagement, and optimizes learning for users. Some of the other key features include the ability to create knowledge, retain top employees through onboarding, and drive business to meet organizational goals through learning. Some of the newer features make managing content easier, an ability to personalize courses, better collaboration, and easier ways to connect with learners.
- Streamlined tools for easy workflows
- Designed for all devices including mobile
- Personalized interactions that foster team learning
- Easy to understand platform regardless of age or ability
- Always offering advancement with no upgrades needed
- Provides quizzes, assessments, and software simulations
- Training can be offered outside company to partners
- Can store, organize, and search training materials
Moodle Learning Management System, Pearson LearningStudio, Sakai Collaborative and Learning Environment, BrainHoney, Desire2Learn, itsLearning, and Epsilen
University of Illinois, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Army, ConocoPhillps, JiffyLube International
Contact company for pricing. Does not offer a free trial.
TalentLMS is a cloud-based LMS that is SCORM and TinCan certified. Users can easily transfer presentations, videos, and other online material through their integrations. Plus, administrators can create custom domains, logos, and themes with this training tracking tool. If you have multiple locations, it can be adopted to meet complex company structures.
- Course downloading when offline
- Video conferencing
- Advanced gamification
- Analytic functionality
- Collect and analyze surveys
- Ability to sell courses
- Available in multiple languages
Integrates with services through Zapier. Native integrations with Shopify, Salesforce, WordPress, and GoToMeeting.
DeLonghi, Oyo, Triton Aerospace, Safe Management Group, ACL
Subscription-based. Four plans dependent on number of users. Price ranges from free to $349 monthly.
Paycom offers an all in one HR solution. Besides a learning management system, with their technology, you can hire new employees, pay your workforce, comply with regulations, and more. So Paycom streamlines the employment processes from recruiting to retirement. There LMS component is called Paycom Learning and offers a flexible app for on-the-go learning. You can also customize their software to fit the needs of your particular program.
- Organizes employees in an org structure that can be used throughout the application
- Enables users to create courses.
- Provides templates for course creation based on industry or role
- Enables the design and administration of tests and quizzes
- Enables for design of classes that are led by an instructor
- Find important content or files using keywords, metadata, and tags
- Has a centralized dashboard for users
Integrates with Wisetail LMS and Aladtec
Burger King, IHOP, FCC Services, Grissoms JohnDeere, Oklahoma Blood Institute,
Call for pricing.
LearnUpon is growing quickly as a viable option for learning management systems today. Why? Because customers love the easy setup, quick learning curve, and very responsive customer service of this training tracking tool. The other nice feature is its flexibility. LearnUpon can adapt to the needs of a small, medium, large or global corporation. Some of the key features are more than a dozen functions like course content creation, certifications, branding, gamification, eCommerce, mobile learning, and strong reporting.
- Easy to begin creating content from scratch
- Implement online exams, surveys, quizzes, and certificate programs
- Can create various users groups and assign different roles for facilitators
- Several reports for analysis
- Great security with date backed up several times per day
- Translate into several languages and also adapt messaging for each language
- Support available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Webhooks, Salesforce, QuickBooks, Shopify, Google Analytics, Stripe, LinkedIn, Twitter, PayPal, and more
Tripadvisor, PING, Allstate, Yokohama, Intuit Quickbooks, Twilio, Vauxhall
LearnUpon offers several pricing tiers. The Bronze level is $399 per month, The Silver level is $799 per month, The Gold level is $1,399 per month, and the Enterprise you must call for pricing. There is also a free trial and demo with no setup charges or fees.
Brainshark offers sales enablement software that helps businesses with training, coaching, and the content needed to prepare sales teams. Some of the key features include enabling sales teams with on-demand training to aid in a seamless onboarding process, keeping sales reps up-to-speed with continual training, and validating knowledge with sales coaching and best practice tips to ensure company goals are met.
- Content authoring and creation
- Sales training solution training
- Video coaching and role-playing training
- Video scoring and other assessments
- Track training progress and readiness
- Content management and team sharing
- A built-in set-up and implementation training tracking tool
Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Outlook, Seismic, Highspot, and API Integration Options
BTG, Riverbend, Dansko, Marotta, MetLife, PTC, IGT, Turbonomic, and Talari Networks
Subscriptions are annual. Brainshark offers either a Pro or Premier option. The Premier offers all the same functions as Pro, but with coaching capabilities. For exact numbers, contact the company for a price quote.
Showpad Coach (Formerly Learncore)
Showpad Coach delivers onboarding, sales training, and video coaching solutions to sales teams of various size. Some of the key features include training to retain top sales reps, helping with sales certification, identifying company top talent, sharing best practices, and streamline communication across companies. Showpad Coach is part of the Showpad Sales Enablement Platform. The entire platform combines the latest sales coaching with interactive sales learning and development.
- Control which sales team members see which learning content
- Focus on cross-selling and up-selling
- Scalable with mobile functions
- Provides quizzes, testing, and software simulations
- Enables team member learning collaboration
- Quick system set-up and deployment
- Tools to create content for both self and teacher-led learning
- Manager capabilities to see individual team member progress
SAP, Box, Office, Linked, Twitter, Zoom, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Widen, SalesLoft, and more
Coca Cola, DOW, Honeywell, Kimberly-Clark, Xerox
There are two pricing plans, the Essential Package and the Plus Package. Call Showpad for pricing on the two packages.
Bridge by Instructure is an outcome-based talent management system for companies large and small. This company provides training, development, and a platform to bring companies together to better retain their current workforces. Bridge is a performance management software that helps define new company strategies, new decisions with analytics, and promotes employee and management development. Some of the features include continuous innovation and advancement, and customer service support. With Bridge, companies can achieve happier and well-trained employees.
- Records employee practice or live pitches for future reference and improvement
- Enables users to create courses
- Can design classes and integrate in-classroom training into system
- Build manager to employee ratios for better company relationships
- Peer to peer learning through video coaching
- Performance tools
- Self-directed learning
HRIS, ERP and CRM systems as well as with several third-party apps. it can also be readily integrated with Lynda.com, OpenSesame, and Shopify.
Tesla, Swift, General Electric, Unilever, Empire Today, Lowes, Villanova University, Generation
Offers individual and enterprise plans. You can also schedule a demo of the service and there is a free trial plan available for up to 90-days. Call for pricing of plans.
Qstream was developed at the Harvard Medical School and is the only scientifically proven microlearning platform that improves employee behavior. The system consists of quick challenges and video real-life scenarios to develop critical thinking and help identify where they may be knowledge or skill gaps. Then managers can properly train their teams based on this feedback. Qstream supports several companies in industries like life sciences, healthcare, financial services, and technology. Some of the features Qstream is known for including an engaging interface, easy-to-use platform, and personalized coaching.
- Sales training and coaching
- Employee onboarding
- Talent development upskilling
- Product launch or knowledge
- Message alignment
- Compliance and regulatory training
Qstream gives Outperform subscribers access to the program’s API to integrate different applications and services.
TDS, SDL, Philips Heathcare, ValleyHeath, Illy, Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Euler Hermes, Intuitive Surgical
JoomlaLMS is a learning management system that uses Open Source Joomla! CMS as its base. The system is ideal for all sized businesses and is known as one of the most secure open-source CMS systems. If you need integrations, JoomlaLMS offers a possible 8,000 extensions available in their Joomla! Extensions Directory. If you are a company who highly values security, there is an option to opt out of a cloud-based system and one housed onsite in your internal servers.
- SCORM and AICC compliance standards
- Schedule live conferences and webinars for a blended learning approach
- Tracking and reporting for finding training gaps and then correcting these gaps
- Sell courses with ecommerce tool integrations and issue invoices, coupons, and more
- Configurable learning management system front page
- Web 2.0 and Ajax technologies
Authorize.net, GoToMeeting, PayPal, 2Checkout, Worldpay
Ticken, Swiss Federation of Samaritans, Theorie Examen Trainer, BitSpec, and TrainingCourse.com
There are two different pricing plans based on where the system is housed. For an on-premise system, pricing starts from $299 for the standard package up to 100 users to $6,199 for the professional package for more than 10,000 users. If you would like the cloud-based version, prices start at $37 per month for up to 50 users to $592 per month for up to 10,000 users.
For those who want to try before they buy, there is a free 30-day trial available.
Which training tool is right for you?
Training has become much more integrated over time. Gone are the days of strictly classroom learning. By using a training tracking tool you can train on the go anytime and anywhere. These 10 cloud based training systems give you the flexibility needed to properly scale and fit the needs of your team members. By investing in a learning platform you’ll ensure rapid deployment, the best delivery quality, the necessary IT support, and the best ease of use. And most importantly, you’ll keep your training organized, be more efficient and give your team the added skills to remain market competitive.
And remember, it’s best to try before you buy. So take advantage of the free trials these training tracking tools provide so you can find the best fit.